Trainee Composite Technician
Established in 2014, Advanced Materials is part of the Progressive Technology group and has grown to be a leading supplier of composite tooling and inserts to a diverse range of industries.
An award-winning, first choice supplier to Motorsport, Advanced Materials has recently invested in a state-of-the-art 10,000sqft composite facility to complement the existing 8,000sqft pattern making facility in Newbury, Berkshire.
Offering a full turnkey solution including design, pattern-making, tooling, inserts and carbon fibre components, the business aims to re-enforce its position as one of the leading suppliers to the composite industry.
Qualifications & Attributes
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good fundamental academic background, no specific criteria
- Understanding of IT systems and controls, including working to procedures and interfacing with ERP software
- Ability to read technical drawings is desirable
- Excellent team worker – due to the type of work we produce, cooperation and communication is key to our success
- Logical reasoning – manufacturing lots of challenging components requires a methodical approach to achieve maximum consistency
- Good organisational skills to avoid error during manufacturing
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- A can do attitude with a positive mindset and enthusiastic approach to learning
- A general appreciation of engineering and some practical application.
- Previous experience of composite component manufacture is desirable.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing techniques and process fundamentals
It is expected that during a 24-36 month period, the successful candidate will learn the following core skills:
- Learn all processes and skills associated with being a composite technician. The composite technician does not initially specialise in a particular discipline and instead learns all processes including Laminating, Trimming, Fitting, and Assembly.
- Learn to operate our industry leading equipment, including two autoclaves, kit cutting machine, as well as all sub processes such as hand tools and inspection equipment.
- Learn to manufacture composite tooling to manufacture components for a variety of high end industries and applications including motorsport, automotive and aerospace.
Following training and development phase the successful candidate will become a fully approved Composite Technician. They may alternatively choose to specialise in a specific discipline should the opportunity exist.
All Advanced Material Composite Technicians will have the ability to follow business procedures to ISO9001 standards.
Interested in Motorsport, Automotive and Aerospace, Advanced Materials is a fast paced exciting business that will works in conjunction with these industries to deliver on challenging projects throughout the year.
What we do is make composite tools and moulds for manufacturing carbon fibre components for motorsport and automotive industries
Looking for a career change, aspiring to be part of something new, or just starting your career, this hands on role in a cutting edge technology could inspire an individual with a keen eye for detail, providing many future career possibilities as the business evolves.
- 42.5 hours per week, full time position
- Overtime is available during seasonal peaks in workload
- 25 days holiday to fit around busy periods of work
- Reporting to Senior Composite Engineer/ Technician
- Competitive rates of pay
- Private health care
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company phone
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Subsidised Gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.
Alternatively, email your CV directly to Dan Smith