Production Support Coordinator
Established in 2014, Advanced Materials is part of the Progressive Technology group and has grown to be a leading supplier of composite tooling and inserts to a diverse range of industries.
An award-winning, first choice supplier to Motorsport, Advanced Materials occupies a state-of-the-art 18,000 sq.ft facility in Newbury, Berkshire.
Offering a vertically integrated service from design, pattern-making, tooling, inserts and fully finished carbon fibre components, the business aims to re-enforce its position as one of the leading suppliers to the composite industry.
Job Title: Production Support Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Director
Purpose of the role
- Directly reporting to the Operations Director, assist the production team through coordinating the daily production administration requirements to support all elements of manufacturing.
- Control and process customer orders.
- Support and coordinate all elements of purchasing.
- Support and coordinate deliveries and despatch.
- Support and Coordinate any other task required to support production or business process controls.
- Support the control of production using progress plus MRP software.
- Utilise Progress Plus to process customer purchase orders and generate and raise internal manufacturing works orders.
- Help to manage and co-ordinate the production schedules as set out by the loading sheets ensuring all schedules are kept up to date.
- Support production manager with job and paperwork allocation.
- Liaise with all areas of production team to allow deadlines and deliveries are met.
- Raise daily deliveries and control the despatch of customer components.
- Liaise and manage internal and external delivery transport requirements.
- Purchasing of materials, manufacturing consumables and production equipment.
- Contact of new suppliers and setting up of credit accounts.
- Chasing up supplier deliveries.
- Liaise with Finance team on invoice queries.
- Work in accordance with the company quality systems.
- Adhere to and promote the company’s health and safety policy at all times.
Planning and organising
- Work in line with the company production schedule unless directed otherwise.
- Ensure that all production documentation is filled in and kept up to date.
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy working environment at all times.
- Ensure all deadlines are met and parts are ready for despatch at the end of each shift.
- Identify potential problems and ensure any work around has been discussed and agreed with the production and project team, and if necessary, the customer.
- Ensure that any deviation from the production schedule is discussed with the production management team.
- Ensure that any issues that will impact the delivery date are raised with the production management team as soon as you become aware of them.
- Maintain professional relationships with staff in all areas of the business and within the Progressive Group.
- Represent the company when discussing work with customers.
All specified criteria are either classified as essential (E) or desirable (D).
D – Have relevant experience / formal training.
E – Computer literate and be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding in the use of Microsoft office programs.
E – Ability to work as part of a team.
E – Ability to work to tight deadlines.
E – Ability to work with minimal supervision.
E – Ability to organise and prioritise effectively.
E – Ability to work with change.
E – Ability to pay attention to detail and quality.
E – Flexible approach to work and hours.
E – Awareness of company confidentiality.
E – Awareness and adherence of all company policy.
- Build through teamwork and collaboration, good team player.
- Develop a culture of trust.
- Listening to others.
- Focus on company success rather than individual reward.
- Capable of working to tight deadlines, thrives under pressure.
- Flexible worker willing to adapt to suit customer requirements, readily accepts change, will work additional hours as and when required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to work without close supervision, self-motivated.
- Fosters a culture of honest and open communication.
- An organised worker capable of prioritising effectively.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Trustworthy and able to deal with confidential information professionally.
- Embrace change positively.
This job description is not exhaustive and from time to time the job holder will be required to carry out tasks as directed and in addition to those stated above that will be both reasonable and within the employee’s capabilities.
- 42.5 hours per week, full time position
- Overtime is available during seasonal peaks in workload
- 25 days holiday to fit around busy periods of work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Private health care
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company phone
- Subsidised on-site cafe
- Subsidised Gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.
Alternatively, email your CV directly to Daniel Smith