Established in 1977, the Progressive Technology Group has grown to be a leading sub contract supplier of predominantly metallic components to a variety of industries.
A first choice supplier to the Motorsport industry, we operate in a state-of-the-art facility in Newbury, Berkshire, and we offer a great opportunity for any prospective candidate looking to further their career in the field of engineering.
- Preparing components for electroplating, this involves cleaning the parts to remove dirt, grease, and other contaminants.
- In some cases, the components will need to be masked to protect specific areas of the part that do not require plating.
- Mixing and preparing plating solutions as per laboratory recommendations.
- Set up and operate electroplating equipment, emptying and filling tanks.
- Managing rectifiers and using control panels to ensure correct current and voltage is used.
- The electroplater must monitor the electroplating process, making adjustments to ensure that the correct thickness and quality of plating is achieved, monitoring the current and voltage settings, as well as the temperature of the plating solution.
- Once the electroplating process is complete, the electroplater must inspect the finished parts for defects and plating adhesion. This may involve visual inspection, as well as using tools such as micrometers, vernier calipers, XRF and other inspection equipment to measure the thickness of the plating.
- Good housekeeping skills are essential for to ensure the equipment continues to function correctly and remains in a safe condition.
- The Electroplater will need to maintain accurate records of electroplating processes, plating times, and quality control measurements and results.
- Must be familiar with engineering drawings and technical specifications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience of running an electroplating process
- Proficient in electroplating techniques, equipment operation, and maintenance.
- Attention to detail, precision is key to achieving high-quality electroplated surfaces.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address issues during the electroplating process.
- Knowledge of and commitment to safety protocols and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and supervisors, face to face and electronically.
- Competitive rates of pay
- 25 days holiday – Calendar year
- Private health care – Aviva
- Company pension scheme – Royal London
- Life insurance
- Company Phone
- Daily lunch/ meal provided
- Subsidised Nuffield Health Gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.