Established in 2014, Advanced Materials is part of the Progressive Technology group and has grown to be a leading supplier of composite tooling and inserts to a diverse range of industries.
An award-winning, first choice supplier to Motorsport, Advanced Materials occupies a state-of-the-art 18,000 sq.ft facility in Newbury, Berkshire.
Offering a vertically integrated service from design, pattern-making, tooling, inserts and fully finished carbon fibre components, the business aims to re-enforce its position as one of the leading suppliers to the composite industry.
- Working with carbon fibre mould tools and components with an ability to understand detailed drawings as well as customer specifications are essential to this role – some training can be provided.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines is important for the successful candidate. Ideally knowledge or experience in Motorsport or Automotive industries would be desirable.
- Successful candidates will have experience of working within all key composites disciplines from laminating, trimming, fitting and assembly.
- Knowledge and experience of working to technical drawings, specifications and requirements within the composites manufacturing environment is required.
- Understanding quality management systems is desirable, ideally Progress Plus ERP system. Training would be provided.
- Laminate, trim, assemble and fit components, working to time schedules, communicating with the Production Manager.
- The Composite Technician will work to component drawings, ensuring part conformity is achieved whilst adhering to compressed lead times.
- Interface with the company ERP system to ensure traceability of all manufactured components is critical to meeting the demanding quality requirements of our customers.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, excellent team player, that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail.
- Adaptable and willing to meet the demands of the customers and business during busy periods of the year.
- Operating of manufacturing equipment where required, including Autoclaves and Kit Cutting.
Additional Details/ Considerations
- As our core business resides in Motorsport, Automotive and Aerospace, having an interest in these sectors can be beneficial, but not essential.
- Advanced Materials is a fast-paced exciting business that works in conjunction with many industries, therefore an interest in looking to deliver on challenging projects throughout the year as part of a team is important.
- Working as part of a team and succeeding as a team with a passion for delivering high quality components.
- Pursuing career development, aspiring to be part of something new, or looking for a new opportunity within a similar industry, this leadership role in a cutting-edge technology could provide many future career possibilities as the business evolves.
- Weekday and Weekend Shift, 42.5 hours per week, full time position
- Overtime is available during seasonal peaks in workload
- 25 days holiday to fit around busy periods of work
- Reporting to the Production Manager
- Competitive rates of pay
- Private health care
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company phone
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Subsidised Gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.
Alternatively, email your CV directly to Rob West