Established in 2014, Advanced Materials is part of the Progressive Technology group and has grown to be a leading supplier of composite tooling and inserts to a diverse range of industries.
An award-winning, first choice supplier to Motorsport, Advanced Materials occupies a state-of-the-art 18,000 sq.ft facility in Newbury, Berkshire.
Offering a vertically integrated service from design, pattern-making, tooling, inserts and fully finished carbon fibre components, the business aims to re-enforce its position as one of the leading suppliers to the composite industry.
Job Title: Composite Laminator
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience working in the composite components industry with an ability to understand detailed drawings as well as customer requirements is critical.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines is important for the successful candidate.
- Experience of working as a part of a team, creating a positive environment and atmosphere that results in parts being manufactured to schedule to the desired quality.
- Knowledge and track record of working to technical drawings, specifications and complex customer requirements.
- Hands-on experience of working with a range of composite materials.
- Previous knowledge of Progress Plus ERP system is desirable, but training would be provided.
- Pre-preg composite experience in motorsport, automotive or aerospace would be an advantage.
- Working for the Production Manager, the Composite Laminator will support with the daily workload for the team, ensuring deadlines are achieved.
- Preparing mould tools, identifying laminating defects, and bagging of components to a high standard.
- Interface with the company ERP system to ensure traceability of all manufactured components is critical to meeting the demanding quality requirements of our customers.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, excellent team player and leader, that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment that can set the standard for the team, enabling excellent working practices and behaviours.
- Adaptable and willing to meet the demands of the customers and business during busy periods of the year.
Additional Details/ Considerations
- As our core business resides in Motorsport, Automotive and Aerospace, having an interest in these sectors can be beneficial, but not essential.
- Advanced Materials is a fast-paced exciting business that works in conjunction with many industries, therefore an interest in looking to deliver on challenging projects throughout the year as part of a team is important.
- Working as part of a team and succeeding as a team with a passion for delivering high quality components.
- Pursuing career development, aspiring to be part of something new, or looking for a new opportunity within a similar industry, this leadership role in a cutting edge technology could provide many future career possibilities as the business evolves.
- Nighttime, evenings and day shifts available, 42.5 hours per week, full time position
- Overtime is available during seasonal peaks in workload
- 25 days holiday to fit around busy periods of work
- Reporting to the Production Manager
- Competitive rates of pay
- Private health care
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company phone
- Subsidised onsite kitchen
- Subsidised gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.
Alternatively, email your CV directly to Daniel Smith