Established in 2014, Advanced Materials is part of the Progressive Technology group and has grown to be a leading supplier of composite tooling and inserts to a diverse range of industries.
An award-winning, first choice supplier to Motorsport, Advanced Materials occupies a state-of-the-art 18,000 sq.ft facility in Newbury, Berkshire.
Offering a full turnkey solution including design, pattern-making, tooling, inserts and carbon fibre components, the business aims to re-enforce its position as one of the leading suppliers to the composite industry.
- Operating large frame CMS machining centres, 5 axis DMU Evo 50 and 3 Axis Robodrill to manufacture customer orders.
- Utilising Fanuc and Heidenhain controllers to process a variety of different components in different materials including epoxy tooling board, Rohacell structural foams, and composite materials.
- Working for the Production Manager, the CNC Machinist/ Operator will ensure that all components are processed to the manufacturing schedule to the correct quality as specified by the customer.
- Interface with the company ERP system to ensure traceability of all manufactured components is critical to meeting the demanding quality requirements of our customers.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, excellent team player that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment that can meet and surpass the standard for the team, enabling excellent working practices and behaviours.
- Adaptable and willing to meet the demands of the customers and business during busy periods of the year.
- Previous experience working in pattern and composite machining is desirable, however full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines is important for the successful candidate.
- Successful candidates will have experience which demonstrates an ability to learn new skills, in a busy working environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working to technical drawings, specifications and requirements.
Qualifications & Attributes
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Good fundamental academic background, no specific criteria
- Understanding of IT systems and controls, including working to procedures and interfacing with ERP software
- Ability to read technical drawings is desirable
- Excellent team worker – due to the type of work we produce, cooperation and communication is key to our success
- Logical reasoning – manufacturing lots of challenging components requires a methodical approach to achieve maximum consistency
- Good organisational skills to avoid error during manufacturing
- A strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- A can do attitude with a positive mindset and enthusiastic approach to learning
- Interested in Motorsport, Automotive and Aerospace, Advanced Materials is a fast-paced exciting business that will work in conjunction with these industries to deliver on challenging projects throughout the year.
- What we do is make composite tools and moulds for manufacturing carbon fibre components for motorsport and automotive industries.
- Working as part of a team and succeeding as a team with a passion for delivering high quality components.
- Pursuing career development, aspiring to be part of something new, or looking for a new opportunity within a similar industry, this machinist role could provide many future career possibilities as the business evolves.
- 25 days holiday
- Reporting to Production manager
- Competitive rates of pay
- Private health care
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company phone
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Subsidised Gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.
Alternatively, email your CV directly to Rob West