Clean Room Team Leader
Established in 2014, Advanced Materials is part of the Progressive Technology group and has grown to be a leading supplier of composite tooling and inserts to a diverse range of industries.
An award-winning, first choice supplier to Motorsport, Advanced Materials occupies a state-of-the-art 18,000 sq.ft facility in Newbury, Berkshire.
Offering a full turnkey solution including design, pattern-making, tooling, inserts and carbon fibre components, the business aims to re-enforce its position as one of the leading suppliers to the composite industry.
- Previous experience of working in the Composite Components Industry with an ability to understand detailed drawings as well as customer requirements/ specifications is critical.
- A track record of working in a fast-paced environment, working to tight deadlines is important for the successful candidate.
- Successful candidates will have experience of leading small teams of individuals, creating a positive environment and atmosphere that results in parts being manufactured to schedule.
- Composite materials understanding and knowledge, with the ability to identify specific characteristics associated to those materials is desirable.
- Exposure to Autoclave operation is desirable, but full training will be provided.
- Proven exposure and understanding of manufacturing composite mould tools and components.
- Previous experience of Progress Plus ERP system is desirable, but training would be provided.
- Working for the Production Manager, the Clean Room Team Leader will structure the daily workload for the team, ensuring deadlines are achieved, leading by example and working on the production components as the are manufactured.
- Interface with the company ERP system to ensure traceability of all manufactured components is critical to meeting the demanding quality requirements of our customers.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, excellent team player and leader, that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment that can set the standard for the team, enabling excellent working practices and behaviours.
- Adaptable and willing to meet the demands of the customers and business during busy periods of the year.
- Capable of providing guidance on manufacturing complex components and tools for composite manufacturing.
- Manufacturing the throughput of the Autoclave, working alongside the Production Manager to ensure deadlines are met.
Additional Details/ Considerations
- As our core business resides in Motorsport, Automotive and Aerospace, having an interest in these sectors can be beneficial, but not essential.
- Advanced Materials is a fast-paced exciting business that works in conjunction with many industries, therefore an interest in looking to deliver on challenging projects throughout the year as part of a team is important.
- Working as part of a team and succeeding as a team with a passion for delivering high quality components.
- Pursuing career development, aspiring to be part of something new, or looking for a new opportunity within a similar industry, this leadership role in a cutting edge technology could provide many future career possibilities as the business evolves.
- Day Shift, 42.5 hours per week, full time position
- Overtime is available during seasonal peaks in workload
- 25 days holiday to fit around busy periods of work
- Reporting to the Production Manager
- Competitive rates of pay
- Private health care
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Company phone
- Subsidised onsite cafe
- Subsidised Gym membership
To discuss this role further, send us an email or call 01635 500480.
Alternatively, email your CV directly to Rob West