Do you want to work for a Market Leading subcontract CNC machining, DMLS rapid prototype and pattern shop specialist facility based in Newbury, Berkshire? At Progressive Technology we have a very forward thinking and progressive approach to engineering .
Machinist / CAM Programmer
We are seeking a highly skilled CNC Machinists and Programmers to join the team.
The position involves;
- Manufacturing high end motorsport components from a range of exotic materials.
- Use Cam programming software to produce programs for both 3 and 5 axis milling machines
- Use simulation software to verify CAM programs are risk assed and fit for purpose
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical diagrams
- Set and operate 3 and 5 axis milling machines
- Maintaining a safe and tidy work environment at all times
- Liaising with team leaders and shop floor staff to highlight any technical issues or potential risks
- Help drive technology and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques
The following skills and experience is required;
- Time served machinist, preferred but not essential city and guilds in mechanical manufacturing engineering or equivalent
- 3 and 5 axis milling experience
- CAD/CAM experience is desirable although training can be provided
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible approach to work load and business needs
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Use of Heidenhain and Fanuc controllers
In return, at Progressive Technology, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including; pension scheme, Private Medical insurance, subsidised health club and gym membership, free Lunch to all employees, regular overtime.
This is a full time position, (42.5 hours per week) 08:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Friday), other shifts available.
If you are interested in this position and want to join an advance engineering team, please contact email@example.com with a copy of your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a progressive approach to employment.
We frequently have opportunities for ambitious individuals to join Progressive Technology. If you feel you’ve got the right skills to contribute to our team, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter.